I'm the last to complain about grammar but....

I really would like to read some posts but can't because of very bad grammar. I'm not talking about a spelling mistake here or there. I'm not talking about improper use of their, there, or they're. I'm talking about run on sentences that have no breaks whatsoever! If you can't utilize a simple period (its that . in between the , and / key) then perhaps its time to go back to school. If your complaining that no one reads your posts or replies and your not using basic grammar skills, this is probably why! No one can understand you and usually just give up. Do you prefer to try to read a run-on paragraph or do you just move onto the next post?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 3:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in

• Seriously.. requesting an occasional period, or paragraph break is not BASHING. Pretty basic stuff. If you cant retain something that simple from elementary school, you probably should just step away from social networking sites/ message boards in general.

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Totally agree with you. I saw one last night where every answer was, "HUH???" Yeah, that's a good sign you need to start over.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I try to read the question but if it doesn't make sense, not going to get a headache over it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I wonder if people are just playing pranks sometimes because its hard to believe they really talk like that. But I'm always nice and don't say anything about it.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i agree with you but i think that some people just get going on a rant and can't stop. But yes it drives me nuts too!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If you were old enough to open those legs, you're old enough to get an education.
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i try my best to read what they say, ive seen a couple on here already and they say they are typing in a hurry but if your typing in a hurry, the grammer still shouldnt be that bad. I try not to read into it that much and skim it so i can pick up just a couple of words on their run on sentence and hope to understand it. If i didnt give a right or good enough response well...you know why.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• (its that . in between the , and / key)    <<<--- I got all the way to this part of your post and then I started laughing out loud, literally.... that's just classic smartass.   And dadgummit  Salem - you used the word *your* incorrectly, TWICE !      LMAO    Stop.  I'm gonna need stitches from laughing so hard.  

sidesplittinglaughter

But I'm right there with you on the whole run-on paragraphs. And yes, there are some that I try to read but genuinely have difficulty comprehending because of atrocious use of grammar and punctuation. 

ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• While I have never commented directly on another's horrible grammar, I am COMPLETELY on your side. Basic punctuation and sentence structure is taught by the 3rd grade. Most have at least this much education. My basic rule of thumb, which I have said before, is if you can't be bothered to make your post legible, I can' t be bothered to answer it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Being a "young mother" isn't a damn excuse....That's the problem with people these days...Too many damn excuses!
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011