How long does nausea usually last in pregnancy?

I know its different for different people, but whats the general amount of time that you have nausea and when does it usually stop in early pregnancy?

Orangejelly

Asked by Orangejelly at 3:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me, I had it all day, most of the entire 9 months with all 3 of mine. My daughter was the worst, I ended up twice in the hospital getting IV's from being dehydrated.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 3 months is normal but it can last the entire time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• For most women, it goes away around the end of the first trimester, about 12-13 weeks. Mine went away around 10 weeks, but then came the reflux around 14 weeks, which meant vomiting with about 5 seconds notice! Better than being nauseated all the time, though. Hang in there, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• that depends on you and the baby you are carrying. With my first I only had morning sickness only in the first trimester. With my second it was ALL the time. 9 months of hell lol (worth it once I got to hold him though)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i had nausea really bad starting at 5 weeks, and the nausea turned into vomiting around 9 weeks and everything stopped around 12 weeks..im 14 weeks now, and once in a while i get a lil nausea but if i go to sleep for a bit im usually fine when i wake up..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• dat just depends on ur bodi i know 4 my 1st bby soon as I made 6wks I was throwing my ass off; Mines never stop until almost the end of prego and when I was about to drop it startd again the Dr. said dats normal bc ur bodi is preparing for anotha chg just like it was preparing you 4 a chg when u 1st got prego....
    mystery8307

Answer by mystery8307 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011