Does anyone have an easy meatloaf recipe?

i have never made one but dh loves them.

hfaddis

Asked by hfaddis at 3:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• 2 pounds beef, 1/2 diced grn. pepper, 1/2 diced onion, a little heinze chili sauce. back covered for 1 hour then uncover and top with chili sauce bake for an additional 20 min. allow to set for a good 20 before cutting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• easiest meatloaf I have ever made especially if you like bar b que is to add seasoned breadcrumbs and your favorite bar b que sauce bake for 1 hour and serve
    JBaby61

Answer by JBaby61 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My mother-in-law's recipe. Best meatloaf I ever had.

2 lbs lean ground beef or 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey
    1 8 oz can tomato sauce
    1 tablespoon minced dried onion
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp garlic granules (powder should be ok, too)
    1 Egg
    1/2 cup oat meal

Mix well. Place in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Spread top with ketchup when you take it out (optional).
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Mine is as easy as it gets!

mix 1 lb ground beef with 1 cup water and 1 package of chicken stuffing mix. Bake at 350 until cooked through...yummm!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 1 1/2 lbs Chop meat, three eggs, seasoned bread crumbs, grated cheese. Mix, make meatloaf shape in deep pan, bake at 375 for 1 hour. Done!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow - so many good ones already! I think I'll throw one in the oven myself! My favorite is 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground meat (most of the time I use ground turkey - it's moister) 1/2 medium onion chopped fairly small. One egg. A handfull of bread crumbs, crushed crackers, or oatmeal - whatever you have and parmesan cheese. Marjoram, salt and pepper. Enough milk to moisten(a splash). Mix all together, but don't over do it or the meat could be tough when cooked. I usually form mine into a loaf shape and bake in a glass pan (9X6), but I think it's really your personal preference. My family likes brown gravy and mashed potatoes, but I have also made it with a ketchum and honey glaze on top.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 4:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I use the recipe on the lipton onion soup box!
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 1 egg, 2 lbs ground beef, 1 can rotel. put crumbs in bottom of bowl, mix in egg and rotel. Let crumbs absorb egg and rotel. Crumble ground beef over the top, shape and bake 375 for about an hour. Make a sauce of ketchup, brown sugar and a couple of dashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper. Spread over top and bake an additional 10 minutes
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This is funny because I was asking this same question a few months ago. I was nervous and scared the entire time making it lol.

Lots of good recipes here.

GL
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do it with turkey, but works just as well with beef:
    1 lb ground turkey
    1 egg
    1/2 c milk
    2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 c bread crumbs
    1 TBSP each dried parsley and basil
    2 tsp minced onion or 1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp granulated garlic/garlic powder
    1 TBSP olive oil
    Ketchup for top and on the side
    Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine ingredients except for ketchup and mix by hand until well blended. Put into a glass baking dish (loaf pan or similar size-if you don't have one small enough, you can just shape the meat into a log), and smooth the too until the meat is evenly in the dish and the top is level. Spread ketchup on the top until it's covered, and bake until a meat thermometer reads 170 (test several spots), about 1 hour.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011