Health Problems - to worry or not to worry?

Last December I had pain in my upper abdomen under the rib cage radiating to the back, very noticeable, so I got checked out. They found a digestive enzyme level was elevated and another test was recommended. They also found a nodule in my lung after a CT. The doctor said to check the nodule in 6 months. There was also a fibroid in my uterus.

The enzyme level went down, but I saw a specialist anyway and he did an endoscopic ultrasound and found a very small tumor on/near the bile duct. The biopsy was negative, but since it was very small, the doctor is not sure he obtained a sample of the tumor. He said it could be nothing, and that if it's something, it's probably a benign tumor. He said to come back in 3 months.

In addition, I have had two cysts burst on my right ovary within the last 6 months. I am 46. My gynecologist said it could be due to menopause. She said they don't biopsy uterine fibroids unless there is a suspicion of cancer.

Well, I went back for the CT and this time there were 5 nodules on the right and 7 on the left. The doctor said not to be alarmed, it may not be cancer, that it could be an infection and he wants me to follow up with a pulmonalogist. There was also an enlarged tube from the kidney. No mention of a uterine fibroid this time. I made an appointment with the pulmonalogist and am following up on the enlarged kidney tube.

I am not alarmed or upset (yet), but I am concerned about all of these things happening at once. Am I just getting old or could these things all be part of a bigger problem? I am not sure whether to worry or not. Opinions/Similar Experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• I have no clue but hope you get if all figured out! (((HUGS)))
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• no idea, but good luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• take care....i hope everything works out ok.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sounds like a lot going on, but your doc seems to be handling it well. Good luck!
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2011