Can I vent about DHs 'acting' DM? you can vent too. :)

DH is part of a Turnaround Management team brought in to clean up a failing yard and turn it into a profitable district for the company..... they have done that. In 4 months they took it from losing $2M a month to profiting $7M a month.... that's a turn around of 9 MILLION dollars.... Now at the one year mark it's turning profit of over 12M a month. I'd say that they did a good job.
So here we are at the end of their tenure so to speak.... the regular District Manager is busy traveling back and forth to the next yard and getting everything ready for the team to move. So in his absence, the Operations Supervisor (Mike) is 'acting DM' --- okay fine. Everybody's gotta have a 'step in when the boss is absent person'.... but this guy is just driving EVERYONE NUTS!

It's clear (and has already been said by the current DM that this guy just ain't gonna cut it when he gets left behind -- and they are leaving him behind; he's proved to be quite incompetent since they brought him in (he was brought over by a regional manager and "given the chance to prove himself") -- apparently he's not proving himself very well.

Mike is running the guys all over the map, making them do crap that they have no business doing (and literally has them stepping on each others jobs ~ I mean come on ~ and he's making all us wives just miserable cuz our poor husbands are coming home ready to boil over!

The man literally caused two other men to almost get into a fight this week and one guy quit his job!
One guy (the Fluid Technician -named Norman) did HIS job and loaded the chemicals the WAY they were supposed to be loaded for the next job onto a truck (they are loaded per how they are to be used).....then this acting DM decided that he wanted them loaded in order of fullness; he said it "Looked" more organized that way ..... sooooo he had a MECHANIC and go out and take them all off and reload the truck the way he wanted it loaded... the poor mechanic did what he was told to do.... the Fluid Tech came back the next day and just about lost his religion when he saw that he now had to do it all over again.
I mean (DH says) this guy LOST IT ... he went and asked the acting DM who reloaded the truck, the acting DM told him "Tony did it" (the mechanic).... BUT the fool never told the Fluid Tech that Tony had changed it because HE had made him do it. Norman goes out to the shop and jumps right in the middle of Tony's shit - these two are about to literally start fist fighting. My DH and one of the other supervisors had to break it up - and told Norman that Tony was only doing what asshole Mike (the acting DM) had MADE him do.
Now poor Norman has had it! He goes and confronts Mike and Mike actually denies telling Tony to move the chemicals. Norman (who is a 6 year veteran at fluid) tells Mike that he needs to do his own %#$## job and let the fluid techs do *Their jobs. Mike gets in Normans face and before the screaming match is over, poor Norman take his hard hat off and throws it across the parking lot; tells Mike to get bent (putting it nicely) and quits his job!

The regular DM is supposed to be back next week ~ and our personal transfer is supposed to come through in the next couple of months ~ neither of which can happen soon enough for me a this point.

FOR THE RECORD - I would NEVER even 1 tenth of a percent interfere in my husband's job - but I swear EVEN I am have fantasies at this point of just going up there and dragging Mike out of his office and just beating the crap out of him in the parking lot. Poor men are working hard enough, putting in over 100 hours a week, they don't need a prick dicking em around too!

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• Thanks for letting me just get that off my chest.... and pardon me when I add that some people just aren't management material and it's a sad shame that so many good men have to be subjected to such moronic management who is trying to "prove themselves".
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They have a couple of those up where my DH works. My DH is a supervisor, and lady over him occasionally has a day off, and her 'acting manager' is an asshat too. They never know what's going on, he even almost got DH FIRED over something really dumb, and when the top guy found out, he apologized to DH and told him not to worry, that his job is safe. lol At least your DH won't have to put up with that guy for much longer! Chin up!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011