OK way TMI , but I really need suggestions

I am 34 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I seriously can't poop, it has been a whole week since I last went and the doctor wants me to go on iron pills because like with my first pregnancy I am once again anemic, iron pills constipate you and I am already having enough trouble in this area. I have tried Grape juice, it used to work not anymore, I tried Milk of Magnessia used to work not anymore, I am eating greens and fiber, I am not constipated they are just hard. I put a call into my doctors office and sat on hold for 15 minutes and I still havent gotten a call back. Anything you ladies suggest to take?

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 7:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Health

• have you tried prunes or apple juice? try lots and lots of that =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am not sure how I will handle prune juice but I will give both juices a try
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• oo, I'm sorry, you could try over the counter stool softeners if it's ok by your doctor or as a last resort they have OTC enemas, though a friend of mine said get the water one not the oil one. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Prunes are yummy! I have a poop problem too and theres not much more you can do. I cant wait until I have normal poo again lol.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Prunes are good & you can also try drinking something good for you since your pregnant..try luke warm water with a squeeze "half lemon". You can google it & see that it has great benefits.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• thank you all for the suggestions I am still waiting on a call beck from my doctors office about pregnancy safe things to take, but I am definetly going to try these natural remedies first and if worst comes to worst the enema will come lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• try an aloe juice or pills. you can get them at health food stores or I gt the juice from this website. It's strawberry/kiwi flavored, you only drink 2-4ounces and it makes you go smoothly as oppposed to cramping you
    .https://www.marketamerica.com/drwoods/index.cfm?action=shopping.wpGoShopProducts
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 8:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• PRUNES! Also remember to drink, drink, drink! If you dehydrate you're stool will get hard and then you end up constipated...
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You can take a stool softener, but not a laxative. Also do not take a stool softener that has a laxative in it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Are you hydrated? Make sure you are!! I used to eat sugar free candy when i was on the atkin's diet and it will make you go but u may get crampy be careful
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008