Has anyone taken tramadol as a prescribed pain med?

this is a new pain med my doctor gave me today. i'm curious about the side effects. i'm in a lot of pain. she said i have a bladder infection. i really need to go to work tomorrow and i'm just curious if you were able to do daily tasks while taking it. The pharmacists told me it wasnt a controlled substance so i'm guessing it wouldnt be like taking loratabs...or anything. i'm fixing to take one to see how it makes me feel but if anyone can give me a heads up that would be great.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• It is an anti inflammatory. I didn't experience any ill effects while on it, just a wave of relief.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was so sleepy after taking them. So I only took them right before bed... But they do work as long as you areent taking them for long periods of time.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Several times, since I refuse narcotic pain meds. No side effects at all and I am one of those who get ALL side effects. Works great. Didn't impair me in any way.
    SinfulBliss

Answer by SinfulBliss at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just get sleepy, but it's not the kind of sleepy that drives me to HAVE to lay down and go to sleep..... But like BabyBugs, I try to only take them at bedtime. It was prescribed for me because I don't like narcotics and have an allergy (well more of an idiosyncratic reaction to) codeine or codone.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• VERY dangerous. Known side effects are neurological issues such a black outs & seizures. I had seizures while taking that medication.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I seu it all the time for my arthritis and it doesnt make me sleepy at all. You can take it when you are in pain and it should be fine. I take mine when my arthritis is inflamed, so maybe 2-3 times a month and am a sahm. I am able to do everything I need to without it interfering.

Answer by gemgem at 4:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Google it. I did. But when it first came out as ULTRAM... they had tried it on me years ago. I never felt anything from it. It can also tell you everything u want to know about it... gl
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i tried..all i saw was it could be addictive. ..nothing too helpful
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• never took them...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It works pretty good for pain. I can work and take it with no problem. An up/down side is it will make you happy because it has a molecular structure similar to Effexor. So if you are taking it for chronic pain, you can withdraw from it like an antidepressant and that really sucks. Sometimes it gives me a little buzz.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011