What are your thoughts on Donald Trump running for president?

jtruax

Asked by jtruax at 3:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, thank you.

I've decided that I can pretty much rule out any possibility that I'll vote for a reality tv star of any kind.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• IF he is going to try his hand at politics he should start small first. Become governor, lets see how he does at that first.
    Man, he don't mess around - he goes straight to the top. LOL
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• First thought..

Man, and people think Obama is a publicity hound/attention hound.... lol

That was honestly my very first thought when I read that Trump was considering running.

Can the man run a business. Some what, he does have a few bankruptcies under his belt, most of his "wealth" is on paper and not liquid.. Can these been seen as positive aspects for a potential President. From some perspectives, yes. Do I personally find them reason enough to think the man would be a "good" President. No. The President's job was making money, then yeah I could see them as a plus. However, I think that making a dollar isn't the President's job, the President alone can not make money/create jobs/change the economy..etc. So I can't say (at this point and time) that based on his business experiences alone that I think he is a potentially good candidate for the Presidency.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• He wants to be a dictator, not president.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't think he'd make it past the primaries--he's simply not presidential material. He'd be smarter to stick with the entertainment industry. I, personally, can't stand to look at him or listen to him, but he does have a successful show on primetime television. He should stay with that, and stay out of politics. We already have enough egotistical clowns for that circus--we don't need the clown with the biggest ego of them all to distract a very easily distracted America.

Also, the fact that he's jumping in with the birthers suggests to me that he really isn't serious about becoming POTUS, but just looking for another way to draw attention to himself.  That issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of those who investigated it. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 5:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• He know show to make money, but then he also knows how to spend it. Just take a peak at his home interior. Not buying at Target or Walmart if you know what I mean. I think we need someone with less ego and more brains. Someone who can talk to other people with some emotion. He seems to cold to keep the USA out of harms way. I sure hope this election we can find someone who will actually know what to do. Obama has his strong points and weak points, like most of our presidents. I know I submitted ways to help correct certain problem and I just bet noone ever reads them or passes them on to someone who cares. I'll run and take care of it all. LOL!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• he knows how to make money maybe even try and get us afloat out of this shit whole Obama got us in oh n lets not forget BUSH too
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I didn't know that he had decided to run. Last I heard is that he was considering, which isn't the same thing. Right now he is getting exactly what he loves, which is free press. I will pay more attention to him when he puts his money where is mouth is. And if and when he does, then I guess I will have to form an opinion about it. Just off the top of my head though, there are a few things that I find more appealing about him than Obama.
    1. He has run a business before and has had to make payroll. Understands a P&L and would hopefully be fiscally responsible.
    2. He knows how to make a decision.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just laughed. Just when you think things couldn't get worse, you realize they could. What a joke that would be.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• He's a clown.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011