Soap Operas

All My Children and One Live to Live...They are both getting cancelled. Not the end of the world, but definately the end of an era! I have been watching these "Soaps" since I was a baby playing on the floor, while my Aunts watched. I still DVR them to this day. These soaps are like (lame) comfort food. I will miss the characters. Do you enjoy any soaps? Any fond moments for you?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 3:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Entertainment

• WHAT! I love those shows. OMG!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I watch some Soaps.

However, I do not watch any American Soaps.. I have a thing for Korean dramas.. Love them.. For some reason, I have never been able to get into American soaps (daytime or night time dramas) but the Korean ones, I totally enjoy. I think one of the main reasons is once the story is told, the show is over and a new one starts. Some only have like 16 episodes, some will have over 100, but they do not go on and on forever like soaps here do. I think that may one of the appeals for me, not sure, but I do like that aspect of them.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I like desperate housewifes and greys anatomy, i used to watch one life to live and all my children with my mom.I also like true blood, the new mildred pierce series, and big love.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm real upset by the whole thing. LIke you said, I was little watching with my mom and grandma and still to this day. They are a part of my life. I know that sounds sad, but for all soap fans you know what I mean. I hope another network like soapnet keeps them on the air or something like that. Long shot, I know! Things are really getting good to with Roger comming back to OLTL. EER:(
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I prefer Days of our Lives lol, only because I can always remember spending the summer watching it with my Mom :)
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 8:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I watched Onle Life to Livefrom its very first day in July 1968 and All My Childen starting Feb 1970. I LOVE OLTL. Theyt say they are replacing the shows with a new "Cooking show" called "The Chew" (rhymes with The View) and some "NEw Revolution" talk show. It is stupid! They don't care that so many milions of women and their daughters watch soaps. It is expensive to produce soaps and all they are thinking about is saving money. It SUCKS!
    I started listening on the radio to Guiding Light with my Mom when I was 5 years old. Then I stated watching soaps when I was a young married, expecting my first baby in 1967. Another World, As the World Turns, Guiding Light, Ryans Hope, General Hosopital.
    Soaps are a tradition. The only ones left are Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful ( should be cancelled..LOL ) and Days of Our Lives and "THe Sonny and Jason Mobster Hour" ....or GH.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Moments:
    Luke and Laura's Wedding.....Elizabeth Taylor was on the show then.as Helena Cassadine, intent on putting a curse on them both.
    Ryans Hope---the first show in a real city--NYC--with a main character who was a politician,....Frank Ryan. Wonderful family ,etc.
    As the World Turns produced many famous stars: Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, Steven Webber etc.
    ANyone else have happy memories?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sign the petition:)
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/save-all-my-children-one-life-to-live-from-being-cancelled/

Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I like Dersperate Housewives but thats about it.I just cannot get into the soap operas
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2011