What is the best way to keep a cat out of the blinds?

My cat is ruining my blinds, and I am wondering how to stop her from doing that.

jtruax

Asked by jtruax at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pets

• mine too! I squirt my cat with water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Tie it to the drapes...just kidding. They don't like citrus smells so if you can find something lemon or orange scent like car spray they will leave it alone. Great for keep them off counters as well if you can handle all that citrus smell for awhile. I leave my blinds up halfway so they look out the window and only at night do I bring them al the way down and pull the drapes across. If citrus doesn't work for your cats, just leave blinds up ateast to their height so they can walk in window without causing damage.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 4:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Get metal ones
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Is the cat playing with them or trying to look out of them? One of my cats actually chewed off the ends of several of the slats because he wanted to badly to look out the window, lol. After that, we just started keeping the blinds a third of the way open for him all the time so he wouldn't have to mess with them. He eventually outgrew it as he got older, but when he was young and curious, he loved to look out the windows all the time!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Squirt gun or get rid of the cat
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• So the cat is trying to look out. I am NOT going to get rid of her..that is a bit extreme. But I was just wondering if there was a product out there to squirt the blinds with, or a better way to punish her than water.
    jtruax

Comment by jtruax (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Are you able to just leave the blinds open enough for her to look out? That's what we have to do with our cat.
    LillyJD

Answer by LillyJD at 1:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011