Surprising Calmers

So I take DD to pre-school, come home, shower, wrap myself in a towel, sit on the bed, and just start crying. My crying turns into bawling. I'm going at it for several minutes just feeling miserable. And then I notice DD has a coloring book on the bed with some crayons, so I open it up and start coloring a picture of a puppy looking up at the moon and stars. By the time I got finished coloring that picture, I was completely calm.

What has been a surprising thing that has calmed you down when you've been sad or angry?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• coloring was one for me too! Also praying, listening to Christian music, talking to my hubby.
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 3:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I vacuum like a lunatic.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've always thought coloring is relaxing. When I lost my baby in 05, all I did was color. LOL Whenever I get upset like that, I try to watch something funny on tv or think of something funny to help lift my mood. I can't say it always works though. LOL
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Cleaning usually calms me down
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• a shower, cleaning, or simply sitting in my car alone in the drive... the silence is great
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Cleaning or eating
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I wash dishes or chop veggies.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• mindless video games and cafe mom
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Cleaning...vigorous cleaning!Works very well and the end product of having a clean place is priceless!
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 12:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2011