When did a tax increase

become "spending reductions in the tax code"? In a nutshell, this is saying that what you earn belongs to the government and they are going to save money by allowing you to have less of it. Another curious aspect in his speech is, spending is now called investment. Didn't his trillion dollar "investment" otherwise known as stimulus fail badly enough? These are fine example's of Obama's socialist views.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This is the redistribution of wealth mantra. What you make belongs to the people. The gov't will distribute it to you as they feel you are worthy. They get to keep the difference. I bet they keep more than they redistribute.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• But if they just use some of them fancy words then some of the people will go along.

You know what they say....If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit! I'd say this administration is doing a fine job of that.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think we are going to be like the Titanic!!!!!!!
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• ..If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit! I'd say this administration is doing a fine job of that.

Reading through some of the daily replies on CM, the baffle part is sure working.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• at the same time a tax cut for corporations and the rich actually created jobs.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think he is purposely doing this as his way of destroying a once great nation. We are spiraling downward and he keeps on truckin' and borrowing, there is no hope of ever getting out of this debt and he is taking all of the citizens down with the US.... but he keeps his big check doesn't he.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• In other words, repeal the tax cuts for the wealthy.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just wanna see the disapproval polls tomorrow.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well the wealthy are a hated class now. Many progressives seem to think what others earn or inherit they should be able to get a piece of. Pretty damn disgusting if you ask me. This is what happens when people vote based on pretty speeches and not substance. The rich will survive the middle class and poor might not be able to survive when the rich stop being entrepenuers and stop spending as much as they do. Look at what happend when they stopped buying small jets people were laid off and lost jobs. My husband and I are wealthy when our taxes are raised it won't affect us because we will simply give less to charity. We are not changing our retirement plans or life because the American citizens hate us so much and want what we have.
    Anonymous

• If we take all the wealth that the " wealthy" have and use it ( 1.4 trillion $) to keep the US afloat, the US will be broke before August.
    Taking from the rich is not the solution.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011