Vitamin supplements

so my doctor has perscribed me prenatal vitamins but they dont have as much as what i need. i have a genetic disorder called PKU and not many people have heard of it but basically i need more nutrients then whats in my prenatal because i cant get it from foods because i cant eat a lot of them. so my doctor told me to take my prenatals, b12, D, and calcium supplements. i know they are all vitamins and my doctor and nutritionist are working on the amounts but i just wanted some opinions on if you ever had to take more then just prenatals because i heard different stories of how too many or too much all combined can upset your stomach or something like that

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had to take additional iron, because I have pre-existing iron-deficiency anemia. That's supposed to be constipating and cause dark stools, but it never affected mine (my iron is that low!). I'm glad the nutritionist is involved. They'll get things figured out for you, and hopefully, help you avoid any complications. Luckily, those particular ones aren't known to cause issues, but prenatals can make you have nausea. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011