I need help with a situation...

so i havent gotten my period since mar 25 and i had sex after my cycle ended i thought i was preg. because of my delay of my period i took a test today and it came out neg. its a cheap brand does this make a difference? i want to know please answer :) thank you.

Thanks to all of you i cant decide which is a best answer if i could i would choose everyone :) im planin on taking another test(EPT) next week if that doesnt help ill go to the docs and take a urine and blood test to make sure.

thanks to everyone that helpredd!! :D

xDSweetBunny13

Asked by xDSweetBunny13 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It does not matter the brand. It your period is late, and you took a test & received a negative result, you are more than likely not pregnant. Test again in a few days to make sure.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• blood test is more accurate.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 4:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• forgot to mention that with my second pregnancy it showed me negative on two test, positive on one and finally blood test confirmed it.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• okay thanks :) hopefully i can go next week....
    xDSweetBunny13

Comment by xDSweetBunny13 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• it shouldnt matter the brand but I have 2 friends that tested neg on cheap-o ones. I asked the pharmacists when I went to get one and without hesitation was told EPT. Take another April 25th. Tests, even cheapies, are expensive. Wait til you're a month late or 6 weeks.

kyleraye

Answer by kyleraye at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Look for a number on the back of the box. The more sensitive tests (20 or 25) or more sensitive because they take less hormone to turn positive. I have found them at the Dollar Store!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Brands don't generally matter. But I agree with the others that if you really want to know, just pop into the clinic. I don't usually tell people I'm pregnant until it is confirmed by the doctor, just in case.
    Bethaleg

Answer by Bethaleg at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i took two tests and they said negative then i took a blood tet at that was positive those two tests were false negatives
    southernchick11

Answer by southernchick11 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• my friend took a test from dollar store, negative, took 2 more tests from ept, negative..then took one more ept test a couple days later and finally got a positive...and she started taking tests when her period was a week late...i think brand does matter when you dont test first thing in the morning and if you havent technically missed your period yet
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i always use cheap dollar general or family dollar and they are right everytime
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011