Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Wondering if theres a mother like me on here

So I was 16 when I gave birth to my amazing daughter. But I always had a werid feeling like one day she wouldn't be mine, around her 6 mnth of life her father beat me while I was holding her and again remeber im age 16 at this time DCF was called into the picture and me and my daughter we're taken to foster care and sadly enough separted when I was the victime now my fathers daughter got a fancy attorney and made everything out to be my fault and said I shouldn't have put my daughter in the possion we're that happiend (in my eyes that would mean I should have left him sooner) well his attorney got my daughter taken away (not my rights) she her and I'm not allowed to see her and her father mother has her and he gets to go over there everyday I forgot to add my daughter father was 25 at conspection he always made jokes I was just a vessal and she more his daughter than mine and his family has money and i rmebered me all the time I have no family to help me and again im 16 so there wasn't much I could do I'm sure my rights have been spit on in the system but I'm asking if there's anybody with a understanding or story like my someone who feels the pain I go threw from a missing child that i feel like i had no control over

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (9)
  • This is terrible. I am so sorry.

    Answer by spagirl0426 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • I am so sorry your are clearly in pain. I just don't really understand the story. Good luck

    Answer by ochsamom at 4:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • i was a child taken from my mom. I believe truth brings justice. Everyone always said bad things about my mom unfortunately i didnt get to have a relationship with her unti l i was 18 and now we are best friends and the truth damaged my relationship with my family but i have my mother be strong i would talk to a social worker and see if they could help you in the right direction. Get yourself together get a job a place to live and fight for her in time i believe you can get her back. I dont understand why he didnt get charged with statutory rap or abuse? i would talk to the police to. I would bother people until i got help and answers that seem fair. what state do you live in? you can add me as a friend im here if you need to talk.


    Answer by whitenena at 4:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • I'm not like you. However, if you were 16 when your daughter was conceived, and her father was 25-- I'd look into statutory rape laws. Also, you say that DCF was contacted because you were a victim of domestic violence-- were charges ever pressed?

    I used to be a domestic violence prosecutor, and rarely did courts allow custody with the perpetrator's family where access to the perpetrator was unrestricted. There had to be serious problems with the victim's mental health and ability to care for child. I think that there is a big piece of the story missing here.

    I am terribly sorry for your situation. I imagine you must feel like a victim twice over. You are very young, and I'm sure you feel you don't know what to do, but I recommend you go to a battered women's shelter and seek out the help of an advocate. They will help you get assistance with housing, custody, and the legal system.

    Answer by Busimommi at 4:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • I am SOOOO sorry this is sooo horrable!!! have you called around to get a public defender they are free... i really hope you get her back that is a F***** up situation!!! DCF again over looking a situation.. like the case were they put a 2yr old with his fathere who ended up giving him brain damge.. they will NEVER learn Y would they put the child around that!!! Honestly the baby would have been better off with a family from the state instead of an abusive ASS WHOLE! It really sucks you were having sex so young and with someone so old.. isnt that rape??? hmm Please try an get ahold of a public defender you deserve to have your baby!!!

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • You should hire an attorney yourself and get your daughter back. If you don't have a stable home or a job, you should get that and then think about getting your daughter. Try getting welfare to help you out for a little bit. I would personally go to his house and beat him with a crow bar and take my daughter back.

    Answer by xmama_bellax at 4:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • I mean this all happeind while ago and when I gave birth investagtors came in about the rape and I said I lied to him witch I did I was fifteen when I got pregger and only told him I was 16 but thats not what I said to police. Now the beating I didn't press chargers and refused to talk state attorneys but police we're called the day of talk pictures but I was young and dumb and loved him and his mother has coustudy not him he's allowed there from 7 n the morning till she fall asleep

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • O sweet heart I wish I could just give u a big bear hug and then punch him in the face

    Answer by enaNianza at 5:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

  • Awww, Sweetie. I'm so sorry.

    Answer by loudnproud87 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.