i asked about the custody question, i mean will he be able to get our son for six months out of the year.

I want to know if my husband will be able to get my son for half of the year or will he just get visitation

TIFF20081221

Asked by TIFF20081221 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• thats not how joint visitation works. when it's joint this means you both have rights and then you will most likely have set visitation as standard which is one day during the week and every other weekend. i really doubt they would allow the child to go 6 months with him and then you. doesn't seem very healthy for the child. this is what i thought at first what joint was and that i how i got soul custody cause i told him that and he said he didn't that. well it did help that he wasn't in court to contest it either. but now that i look at it it wouldn't really matter much if he did have 50 % custody. the visitation was set the same.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It depends on what the dad requests, what you request, and what is in the best interest of the child. Judges in our area don't like the six month split. They only do it if both parents are on board. Too hard for parents, school schedules, and other stuff. Is he asking to have him six months out of the year?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• just visitations and it depends how old ur son is anyways... the courts usually favor the mother unless they have reason not to. i've been doing my research on this because i'm getting ready to serve custody papers to my daughters dad.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008