Am I eating too much bread?

I had 2 slices of plain bread with coffee (wasn't sure what I wanted) then I had some bread again with some scrambled eggs with beans and cheese with water. Then my kids got home from school and made some tuna fish sandwiches so I have eaten a total of 6 slices of bread in one day.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Ha ha! Sounds normal to me.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 1 slice is one serving, and the RDA is 6-8 servings a day of grains. Try to vary your grain sources for the sake of nutrients.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• the RDA is wrong though. that is an outdated and overrated chart. humans were never meant to eat grains, our bodies don't do anything with grains other than convert them to sugar and fat cells. our diet is supposed to be protein and vegetable based, not grain based. in fact it's not good to consume over 60g of carbs a day because your body will just take it and convert it to fat cells
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Whole wheat is a better bread than white. White is over processed.. I eat 2 slices max a day. But that is my choice. I could eat bread all day! I love toasted with peanut butter.. mmm!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• white bread isn't just over processed, it's been completely bleached of anything that could possibly be beneficial. you're pretty much eating a candy bar when you eat a slice of white bread
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No doesn't sound like a ton or anything.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i would cut back. i don't think we were meant to eat bread.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i would say that if you do that every day you are going to have issues... once in a while a bit of "over indulgance" isn't the worst thing... i LOVE bread
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It sounds normal.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• God, I don't even wanna list how much bread I eat a day. Which is why my thighs are getting so fat! Yuck.
    KotaBaby

Answer by KotaBaby at 12:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2011