Would you name your baby Palin?

This is not a political question ladies. I just want to know if you consider the history of a childs name when you name them. I guess that should have been the question :)

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Baby Names

• Honestly it sounds like a perscription medication to me...dunno why
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We considered a lot when it came to names, including history. We also eliminated names of anyone either of us had dated and names we associated with people we don't care much for. Eliminated some names we like, but we didn't want to make that connection.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I heard that it's popular, but I wouldn't. And it has nothing to do with her. I really like her daughter's names, Bristol, Piper, and Willow. Especially Bristol.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I avoided any names that had a celebrity or well-known person associated with it, even if that wasn't your intention. The child will be asked for many many years if he/she was named after that celeb.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't name my kids that.

I would much rather pick people that have passed on because to be honest.. they are dead, they can no longer shame their name and the name I picked for my child after them with
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• badNo but my sis -in-law naming hers Bristol

rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No.. It's not a Hindustani name.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not even if you paid me.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Ochsmom that is too funny!!! I wanted to be unique my kids don't have any names that are in the famiily. Everyone loves my sons middle name "Montgomery" way old fashion but suites him to a "T". Musicpisces - we did the same thing. We were going to name my second daughter "Lyric" somehow it got bumped off of the list "Nia Elizabeth" won and I love it! It's funny but she loves to sing and dance I still call her my Lyric.
    BillieHolidae

Comment by BillieHolidae (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I adore the name Lyric.....Nia is pretty too
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011