Hey, can you give me a loan?

Obama's budget plan will require borrowing 5 to 6 billion dollars A DAY. Will the Chinese come through for us?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, she comes on here and makes sense.

What pisses me off, really pisses me off, is when I actually do the right damn thing. And those in charge or those in authority do not. You know, like I pay my cable bills on time just to have my cable screw up all the time and have to wait all damned day for them to 'fix' it. Other examples I cannot think about. Or, I am expected to follow the speed limit (which I don't), but you see cops speeding up, put lights on and sirens on just to get through the light and then slow down again. Not wanting to wait at the light. Well, I don't wanna wait either! But I have to, cause I don't drive a damned cop car!
    But, we are expected to live within our means. And when we can't, or don't, we get shit on, bashed, and made to feel like total loser, bad people, bad parents. Yet, the government can't do it??? Really?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am sick of our govt borrowing any money...why cant we just live within our means!!! We have so many entitled people in the US.

It is a right to have food, clothing and shelter and education. Cell phones, braces, internet, cable..those are luxuries that you buy if you can afford them. First you take care of your basic needs once they are met and you have savings then you can get luxuries. I don't understand why this is so hard for society to understand.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't think that pointing out one of the problems with PBO's proposed 2nd budget is bashing. If the hard cold truth of what he wants to do is bashing, well, then bash away. This is the truth that has to be looked at and discussed. If he, the pres., can't take that scrutiny, then he needs to get a job that no one looks at like being a community organizer. Being complacent is why we are in this spot. I could care less if the pres. or his supporters are upset that we think budget #2 is not any better than budget #1. His feelings aren't of any concern at this moment. The stability of the country is. If he can't find a way to get us out of the poor house, he needs to move over and let others have a go at it. They can't do worse, that is for certain.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• banging head into wall

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm glad your able to come on here and be honest and tell people how it is regardless of some of the responses you get. But I agree with you :0). Our government makes me sick, they keep digging further and further down, regardless of what "we the people" have to say about it.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Our ridiculous potus doesn't need a loan, he needs a swift kick in the rear ... maybe a few swift kicks.

I have a modest proposal though to pay down the national debt, and only those who want to participate need chip in.

We need to build 536 catapults (one for each congresscritter, and one for the potus) and attach bungee cords to the buckets. We need to line them up along the Potomac. We need to attach one congresscritter and the potus to a bungee cord. For a buck a toss, with NO limit on how many tosses one buys, anyone can toss as many as they like, as many TIMES as they like.

After each toss, haul in that bungee cord and reset the catapult.

Wanna bet we could balance the budget within a month (giving everyone time to get there)?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• As Truman stated. "The buck stops here". Obama's signature seals the deal. He could have vetoed it.-

you're getting bumped for this! :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No. china will not come through for us.
    Google- China getting nervous
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• USR, at this moment, that question is irrelevant. At this moment, Obama is the leader. He is aware of the problem and is doing NOTHING to curb it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011