getting your tubes tied?

I am pregnant with my second child and my dh is wanting me to have my tubes tied. Well after this one i dont want anymore kids BUT i dont think i could live the rest of my life knowing i couldnt have another baby if i wanted one and being unsure about it i dont wanna just do it cuz i know it will just make what im feeling 100 times worse. Has any of you had your tubes tied or know someone who has and regret it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I WOULDN'T JUMP INTO IT JUST YET. DO AN IUD. I HAVE ONE AND MINE LASTS FOR 10 YEARS. SO THIS WAY I STILL HAVE A CHOICE. GOOD LUCK
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I had my tubes tied. I have wished that i didn't just for a moment, but honestly I am glad that I did it. I was 37 and my kids were 18 and 15. don't rush into it, you can always do it at any time, there is no need to rush. Once you do it, it can't be undone.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 11:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I had mine tied in 2006 for health reasons. I had already had three kids and I have a heart condition. I don't regret my decision because it was based on wants/needs/risks. I know a lot of women regret having their tubes tied. Perhaps you could look into an IUD? It's just as effective and if you ever decide to have another child you can have it removed. If you are not 100% sure that you do not want to be sterile and are already feeling badly about the possible decision, consider your options wisely. Reversal of a tubal ligation is really expensive, complicated and not guaranteed to work.
    AnnieLane

Answer by AnnieLane at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i was looking into a IUD and my only concern is after the 5 years and decide i do want my tubes tied can they just go back and do it without me having another baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I believe they can do the procedure at any time. Good luck!
    AnnieLane

Answer by AnnieLane at 11:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I backed out a couple days before.. I felt the same way as you, only I was 40 at the time... You always wonder, what if??
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was faced with your decision before the birth of my third child, I was 36. At the last minute, I decided to wait because there was 9 years between the new baby and her sister. I am VERY glad I did not because we welcomed her a baby brother four years later =) He was our last and very spoiled by his three older sisters
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008