Have you seen this happen at a store?

Kid's playing w/breakable item's & the mom not saying anything & there it goes down to the floor & no one says something? I seen this on Saturday when I was shopping at a decorating store where a little girl was playing w/a glass vase..she dropped it & the mom p/u the broken pieces...stuck them on the shelf & just kept on shopping!

What would you do if this was your child or if you had seen this happen? I stayed out of it & went about my business..

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• I would have said something to a store associate. The mother should have NEVER allowed the child to play with the vase.
    Anonymous

• I've been in several stores where they post something like "YOU BREAK YOU BOUGHT IT". I wouldn't let my kids step foot in stores like that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have seen it happen and sad to say my kids have done it once or twice when I was looking at something too hard, off in la la land trying to think if something would match or where to put something. I took the broken item up to a sales person, told them what happened and they either gave me a discount for honesty or told me no charge.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If it were my child, I could not ignore it. I would not let my son play with items in the store, especially delicate ones. I would alert the store associate of the broken item and offer to pay for it. I've done that, my son jumped hard onto my lap on a rocking chair at Cracker Barrel and I heard a crack although it looked fine. I didn't feel right leaving it that way so let the associate know and offered to pay for the damaged chair and she said not at all, happens often and it's no big deal. She was really nice about it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have had it happen, my son threw a carton of eggs out of the cart. I have also had to tell the people at wal mart that someone broke something glass and left it
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 5:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• one of my kids broke a snow globe before. we tracked someone down, and apologized and offered to help clean up the mess.
    i would not rat someone out if i saw them break something. i might let an employee know, just to prevent any accidental cuts.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would let someone know, so as to make sure no one got seriously injured from the broken glass.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Lets say she did report it was broken,what if she didn't have the money to pay for it? I've always pondered this question myself,like would they call the cops? would they be nice enough to let you pay as you can? My kids are 10-15 I still freak when they're in any store.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would just ignore it.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011