First pregnancy, any weight loss advice?

and how soon after she is here can i start working out?

jdish

Asked by jdish at 4:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait at least two months. I turned Vegan and I dropped all that weight.:)
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 4:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• you can work out before she's here...all pregnant women who aren't disabled should work out while pregnant. it's better for you
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• With your doctor's approval, some exercise is okay during pregnancy. I was working out before, so I kept it up during and my weight gain was only 12 lbs. Try not to gain a ton during pregnancy (the healthy range for your weight), and walk/swim while you're pregnant. Once you deliver, wait 6-8 weeks (whatever your doc approves) for exercise. Keep your food choices healthy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It took me a while to realize that you don't have to eat until you're full. Concentrate on smaller portions and it's amazing what that alone can do. Also, don't buy things you can't control yourself with (chips, sweets etc) because if it's not in your house you are far less likely to eat it.
    Walking was a great way for me to drop most of the weight... lots of long walks with the baby in a carrier or stroller, and you can do that just days after giving birth :)
    I would also set aside a certain number of days per week to do a workout video (body slimming yoga is my fav) while the baby napped, rather than sitting on my butt watching tv. Good luck!!
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• doctors say not to start a exercise rutine while pregnant, anyways dont worry about it i gained alot of weight with my first pregnancy (way more then your supposed to) and with just walking around my block and eating right i lost all of it and even a little more in two months =)
    Sarahg83619

Answer by Sarahg83619 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• well im 31 weeks and i can hardly walk now due to swolen ankles and sore hips, lol but i do swim some now that the weather is heating up. i was just wondering for after she is here. i plan on walking with her in the stoller if its not too hot (we live in texas) i dont want her to get over heated. but i want to start lifting weights again, not just cardio. ive just gained so much during the beginning because i was always hungry :( but im hoping to lose it within two months, if thats possible! lol
    jdish

Comment by jdish (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• you do not need to wait at all as long as you feel up to it matter fact the doc will tell you dont go home and sit around and do nothing you can even get depressed if you dont start exercising and moving around
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Try starting slow, walking a little stuff like that, and smaller portions at meal times helps too. Try to get as much sleep as possible too.. and I know that is hard, but the more rested you are the more energy you will have.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i think itz normal bc i have a friend when she gets prego she always loose weight and then in her 2nd or 3rd she begin 2 gain it back
    mystery8307

Answer by mystery8307 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yeah you can walk days after the baby's born
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011