Do you think finding a man on the internet is a good idea?

I went to match.com did a profile now I wait. What other website are good to go to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• 11 years together and married 91/2 means YES to me!! My mom met her husband on Match they have now been married 9 mo. Just keep your eyes open, be smart and meet in public places til you are really comfortable!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• How is it any different than finding a man at a bar? If you decide to meet him, just be sure it's in a public place and someone knows where your going and who you will be meeting! Check out plentyoffish.com!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I found my man on the internet and he's pretty wonderful so far =) I found him on Myyearbook, I don't really like the site because its full of sluts and perverts, but there are some decent people on there =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had great success with Match.com - met my husband over 4 years ago (married 1.5 years ago). Just be patient. Plus, hopefully your profile is written in a way to attract an interesting man. I found that my profile which my friend helped me write, was the most important part of the process. The photos were second - which showed me in casual situations (not glamorous).
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• That Is How I Found My Husband We Met On Date.com And Started Talking On Myspace.. And Then 2 Weeks Later He Drove 5 Hrs To See Me In Person And Its Been Great.. We Have Been Together 4 Yrs In May.. And Married For 2 Yrs!! And We Have An 11 Month old Son Together..IT CAN BE DANGEROUS.. JUST BE CAUTIOUS.. I FEEL THAT I WOULD STILL BE SINGLE IF MY HUSBAND AND I HAD NOT MET ONLINE.. ITS BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME.. BUT JUST BE VERY CAREFUL THERE ARE LOTS OF CRAZY PEOPLE OUT THERE!!
    TRENTONSMOM336

Answer by TRENTONSMOM336 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It has worked for me! :) Good luck!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• IDK. It's how lots of people meet these days. When I met my hubby, meeting people in bars was, looked down on? But, that's where I met him, and we got married really fast. But that was over 15 years ago.
    I guess it just widens the area of search, meeting people online.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Can try plentyoffish.com but be warned...it's overwhelming. You'll get a ton of guys messaging you and they give their number out awfully fast.

Match is better - although I didn't used to think so, I met my SO there!
    Anonymous

• I found my husband on a social networking site that is kind of like MySpace...we took a couple of months to get to know each other over the phone, then dated for 6 more months before we took it to a serious level...we've been married almost a year now and are very happy together....in this day and age of technology I don't really see the difference between meeting him the "conventional" way and meeting him online....that has nothing to do with the type of person he's going to turn out to be. Just weed out the weirdos, have patience and most of all have fun!

Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think it's better than a bar. Just go slow. Be careful on how much information you give out at first. If you decided to meet. Drive yourself. Public place tell at least 2 people where and who you're meeting.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011