well, I started again

to drink regular coffee I stopped for months ago but lately I've been craving it. I usually have less than 8oz a day is that horrible??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• youre allowed to have up to 300mg of caffeine so just make sure you arent going beyond that with all of your caffeine intake. i drink normal coffee sometimes too.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i drink alot of caffine and eat chocolate and my baby is fine i would say do what you want to do.i read in my pregnancy week by week book that my mom got me that your not suppose to have any caffine or eat chocolate so i didnt and i asked my doctor and they said not to have alot and i have been just doing what i want and im now 39 weeks.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 7:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Caffeine is ok as long as you're not getting TOO much. A cup of coffee or two is ok. If it's just the taste you want, get decaf or half/half coffee (half the caffeine).
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I drank caffeine through out my pregnancy. My doc said no more than two cups a day won't hurt. Also, if you actually read the studies on caffeine while preggo it says that the studies were conducted with EXTREME amounts of caffeine like more than two pots a day to one person! Just keep it within reason and you should be fine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008