Update: postpartum doula friend and parenting

so today I went to her house again and was soooooo happy that I did!!! She and I had a long talk and she said that she started to realize that her son is hurting and not developmentally on board because she hasn't been teaching him. She said she didn't realize it until We met and saw how differently our parenting was. No I'm not saying I'm perfect but I'm so glad that she is wanting and trying to change what isn't ok. I'm so happy that I stayed around to help her and will continue. I'm so happy that shebwants to make a change without me ever saying anything to her about it. Her son actually got to play for more than an hr outside of the playpen with us! I'm taking care of him tmrw for a few hours, which kinda scares me to have two 2 yr olds in the house all by myself, but I'm glad I'll be able to help her work with him to. What a good day!! Oh and thanks to all the mommies that gave me advice! :)

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 5:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow! This is wonderful!! I read your other post and thought how sad. I am SO happy for her that she has you! Good luck with the little ones tomorrow! You might just have to sit on the floor and play with them as they will probably want what the other one has!! Thanks so much for being there for the other mom.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You are welcome!! It is so wonderful that she noticed and you are helping her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011