Did you ever suffer from diarrhea in your last trimester? Does this mean I might be going into labor soon??

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 6:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've just had tummy troubles nonstop with this boy. I've heard that if you could get it right before you go into labor, just your body reacting to all the hormones from the onset of labor.
    Tallchic06

Answer by Tallchic06 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Maybe...or it could mean you ate something that didn't agree with you.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No and yes. Only because if you have it you can get dehydrated and that can cause labor. It is the same as how castor oil causes labor.

Answer by gemgem at 6:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• no and no
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had bad diarrhea in my last trimester but it's just one of those *awesome* things about pregnancy that you get to deal with. Like Gemgem said, if you have it often enough and don't rehydrate, it can cause labor but you really don't want to do that. Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids, allow your gastrointestinal tract to settle by not eating for a few hours, Gradually reintroduce food, starting with bland, easy-to-digest food, like toast, broth, apples, bananas, and rice. Avoid dairy products and caffeine. And most importantly, get plenty of rest!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 6:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011