Are there parts of your home you do not allow your kids in or certain things in your home they can't touch?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, our house is to be lived in, not just for show.

I know growing up, some families had those rooms you just didn't go into. I mean, what is the point? LOL
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No. They can touch anything. It's their house too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Nope our daughter is 3yo lol so not happening. Mostly everything is for her to touch & if she cant its put up & away. Pick your battles as they say so me yelling at her 20times a day to yet again not touch something is not something I'm interested in!

Now my neighbor whos kids are grown & out of the house has an antique room all done up & many things that the kids cant touch. We visit her house often & my daughter knows the rules & is fine with it but she dosent live there. I understand that b/c kids only come that house to visit once in a while otherwise my neighbor enjoys her adult looking house lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• the pantry in the laundry room is full of cleaners/etc. i don't think i've ever told him NOT to go in there, but so far, he hasn't wanted to, either.
    other than that, no..the whole house is ours, the entire family's.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They arent allowed in the laundry room by themselves. The litter box is back there, and all the cleaners are stored back there.... Other than that, they can be anywhere, at any time.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Nope, but in my dream house my hubby would have a kids by invite only office and I would have a living room that was always clean. Kids would be allowed in but only to read and no Barbies and ball equipment.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No. Mine have free reign of our home, it is a home not a museum. I hated that growing up and so I dont do it with my kids. Of course they arent allowed to touch light sockets, chemicals and things like that but Id hope most parents would tell their kids not to touch those things lol.

Answer by gemgem at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• we dont let any kids touch our entertainment system we have fragile electronics and wouldn't like them broken
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• hmm They aren't generally allowed in our bedroom or bathroom because I have nail polish remover on the counter and hubby has work equipment stored in the bedroom. They arent' allowed to touch knives, breakable items like ceramics and glass, the cactus, that sort of thing, but other than that all our spaces are used by all members of the family and we don't have any for show"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• The kids are NOT allowed in Mommy and Daddy's room (with good reason), unless certain items have been put away (don't need to scar them for life at this young age). And I have a tiny room that I really don't like the kids to go into because its pretty packed full of stuff (I need to reorganize it again). They are all of an age where they SHOULD know what they can and cannot get into.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011