Who is making plans to go through their kids clothes?

My kids have too many clothes and it is never more obvious then right now when there are still winter clothes and we have hauled out the summer clothes.

So this weekend there is no baseball, I am tacking the boys clothes... hoping to get the dd's clothes done before Easter.

The boys and girls club drop box better be cleared because they are about to get a lot of clothes!

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• i go through them all the time.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am always going through my daughters clothing. I have a box at the bottom of her closet & when we put something on or it is obvious that she has outgrown it it gets dropped in the box. Once the box is filled up we donate it or hand it down to someone else. Much easier then just having clothing that dosent fit all mixed in with the other stuff! Anything that is way too large goes on the very top shelf & in totes, those get pulled out when she grows into those sizes & put on the correct shelves.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just did yesterday. Took me all day to organize them and put them in containers.( since we arent done with our family yet) now to go shopping and refill their dressers!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I go through them at the end of each season, or as I see things getting outgrown. It's still too cool here to get out the summer clothes, but there will be a whole bunch of too-short pants going into the box when the weather warms up.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am taking a break from doing just that right now =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I usually go through them at the beginning of every season. If something still fits I put it away for the next season, if it doesnt then I usually pass it down to my cousins little girl or I throw it away.

Answer by gemgem at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am constantly going through my kids clothes, since christmas my son went from a 5t to a 7 or 8.. so all those clothes he got fro christmas are too small now!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I plan to go through them because we are having an estate/moving sale soon. My daughters are 4 years apart, both June babies so I try to keep what I think my younger daughter will wear when she is older.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I need to do that - again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I did that with my 9 yo daughter before she went to bed - am doing the boys this weekend.

Answer by missanc at 10:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011