What the h*** did I do to get CPS to say this to me this morning?

A while back I posted a very long posting as to CPS saying that I left bruises on my daughters hips, and that a report was made about a black eye. Well, my last note on that article was that CPS never showed up on the assigned date, and never called me. Well the CPS worker showed up on my door this morning stating that the bruises were not significant enough to investigate on, and that she wasn't worried about the dirty clothes that I have supposedly been sending my children to school in. Now, she states that she wants to do another at home visit, right there and then, to make sure I don't have a meth lab, that no sex offenders were in my home and that I don't have any weapons. Please note that my mother had a CPS case because she was involved with Meth, that closed last month. Also, my husband divorced his ex-wife because CPS came and took his kid because she was hanging around a 3rd degree sex offender. And we don't have any weapons in our house. I am starting to think that they are wanting to use other peoples cases against us. Is this legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• They probably just want to check up on things since you all are related in some way and they had a CPS case.. I do find it odd that she would come out and say that.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 7:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• YOU DONT HAVE TO AGREE.. BY LAW YOU CAN ASK THEM TO OBTAIN A COURT ORDER. IT SEEMS LIKE THEYRE TRYING TO GET YOU 4 SOMETHING U JUST GOT WHAT I CALLED AS A TEENAGER {WE HAD CPS INVOLVED A LOT THEN} A BAD WORKER
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• sorry caps button was stuck
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You don't have to allow them in your home. Tell them to come back when they have PROOF and a court order.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Do you think someone at school called to report you?? "Sending your child to school in dirty clothes"
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• To add: They will tell you that the judge can decide to take your children "just in case." You can sue for false accusations because they can't just go around stealing people's children because someone placed a false report.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I know cps is a dangerous entity sucks but one time when they were called on me I told them to get a court order they came to the door and said I could let them in or have my kids taken away. I would be fight the man but in this case it makes it worse before it gets better gl
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They can't legally use my moms case or my husbands ex-wifes case against us can they?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It's called guilt by association. They need to know & see for themselves that you are not as shallow as those people were. They are just being cautious. Your mom was on meth & your ex husband had his child taken away & married a loser who chills with sex offenders. They have a right to be curious because of those circumstances.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes, they can use it against you. It's call guilt by association. The best thing you can do is prove them wrong. Not letting them in your house is a bad idea because it says you are not willing to cooperate & they also may feel that you are hiding something. If they then think you're hiding something, they will continue to make your life miserable.

You need to keep your house clean at all times & be ready for them to pop up. They love showing up when you least expect them to.

They do not like taking kids. If you're a good mom, then stop worrying & cooperate with them.

My best friend is a social worker here in Atlanta, she sees the worse of the worse...trust me when i say that they want to save the kids who really need to be saved. They're not just out there to make people miserable.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011