Does anyone no how to tell if u are having back labor? i am almost 38 weeks and my back is killing me the pain stays but it will get strong in the front and go away i have a lot of pressure in my pelvic area!

mommyof3040510

Asked by mommyof3040510 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had back labor but I googled it.. and it sounds like that is what you could be having.. maybe call your dr... here are some ways babycenter.com said could haelp releive some pain...
    What can I do to ease back labor?
    There's nothing you can do to prevent back labor, but you can try one or more of these tactics to help relieve the pain:

•Get up on all fours. This position may reduce the pressure of your baby's head on your spine.
    •Do pelvic tilts. These simple exercises also may help to minimize the pressure on your spine.
    •Ask your labor coach to rub your lower back between or during contractions, or both — whatever feels best to you.
    •Many women find that steady counterpressure on the lower back relieves some of the pain. Ask your labor coach to push on this area with his fists during contractions or massage it with a tennis ball.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• •Take a warm bath or shower, or apply warm compresses or a hot-water bottle to your lower back. Heat may ease the achiness and bring you some comfort. On the other hand, some women find cold packs more soothing or that alternating hot and cold is helpful. You may want to give both a try. Just be sure to use a towel to protect your skin from direct contact with heat or cold.
    •If you don't have your heart set on natural childbirth, consider getting an epidural. In most cases, it provides total pain relief.
    '
    Not all of them fit,.. that is the rest of them! lol Good luck!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sounds like back labor to me. Start timing!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I felt like someone was hitting me with a baseball bat in my back :(
    Use counter pressure by having someone press on your spine. Just becareful though, as my ex actually
    pushed my back out of alignment lol
    Sounds like your in labor though:D
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 8:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• thanks ladys
    mommyof3040510

Comment by mommyof3040510 (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sounds just like me when i was in labor!! Start timing them momma :) Good luck & have a easy peasy birth!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My second was back labor and I had no idea what was going on until I showed up at the hospital and had dd 45 minutes later. At first it felt like really bad poop pain (sorry... kinda' gross). It got more and more intense and all I could do was sit in a chair and try to push my butt up off of the cushion whenever a contraction would come.
    I'd give a call to your dr or midwife and give them the heads up. Good luck! Congratulations!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had ALLLLLLLL back labor with dd. The best way to describe it is kind of like a period cramp, but a lot stronger. Mine would start in my back then go around the front and down through my inner thighs. Just a tight/sharp feelings. There was not a real noticeable start and stop until I got into full blown labor. It was more like a constant ache.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011