Potty training at 22 months?

ok my girls weren't fully potty trained ( they ask you to go potty, they go potty without help and stay dry) until 3-4 years old however my son chris already is saying " poo poo" when he is dirty & he will get me his diaper/wipes.. he looked confused when I sat him on the potty.. he can barely say 5 words but if you give him a one step direction he will do it, he seems to understand way WAY more than he can say.. what do you think ladies is he ready? I mean he does take off his diapers.. I just think kids shouldn't be pushed into using the potty but do it when they are ready..

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep explaining, take him every so often like every 30 minutes or so, and see what happens. You can always wait a little longer if it doesn't work or he gets frustrated or unhappy
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We used the 3 Day Method, which recommends training at 22 months. It was awesome! I can email it to you if you like, just PM me your email address. I think your son sounds ready. It was clear when DS had to go, and we wanted to train him early, but life kept gettin in the way. We finally got him trained at 25 months, and he's doing great 7 months later.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• my daughter is almost 3 and still isnt fully potty traind how ever all of a sudden 11 days ago she started going everyday with no trouble i dont even have to ask her. i started her at 18months but she is just very stubern like my try a sticker chart let him pick out stickers and put them on the chart or where ever it really helped for my kid
    mamma2grace08

Answer by mamma2grace08 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• he doesn't cry when you sit him down but he clearly has no idea why he is there..
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2011