What if any feedback should I leave if I purchased an item on ebay and it's being cancelled?

After waiting patiently for 2 weeks and not receiving the items, the seller wants to cancel the transaction. They mailed the package to me and then had a funeral to go to. While at the funeral the package was sent back to them because they put the wrong address. The package was destroyed while in their mailbox when it (the mailbox) flooded during a thunderstorm. They want to cancel the transaction but didn't put the reason why they wanted to cancel it when they contacted ebay. So what should my feedback read?? I'm not saying that the story isn't true, but... why wait so long to contact me? How did your mailbox flood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• Sounds fishy to me. Does any of their prior feedback indicate that they have done something like this before? Did they give you a tracking number for the package so that you can see that they did actually ship it? Do you think they may have re-listed it to try to sell it for a higher price?

I once bought an item from a woman who never sent it. She tried to say that it was returned to her, but when I asked her for the tracking number to see if she actually shipped it out, she gave me one that was obviously from a package sent to her (the date was even before the sale took place). She then made a bunch of excuses about a car accident, etc. I eventually had to file a dispute with Pay Pal to get my money back. I ended up leaving negative feedback.

If you believe them, leave neutral feedback; if you don't believe them leave negative feedback; if you can't decide, don't leave any feedback at all.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 7:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I asked for the tracking number and hopefully they'll send it. I've been waiting since Monday for the refund. fingers crossed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I hope you got your money back! I would leave negative feedback. How does a mail box flood? That makes no sense to me.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Do not leave feedback until you have waited to get refund. This will give you a better idea of how honest the whole situation is. It is possible to have aflooded mailbox.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• They haven't replied to my request for the tracking number. Nor have they issued a refund. So I'm filling a claim for non-receipt of item and asking for a complete refund. But I will outline that I had to initiate contact and include the story they told me.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• contacted ebay about them and now they're saying they offered a refund but i didn't respond. yet i have dated emails as proof of me contacting them and asking for more info. they have 3 days to refund the money before it's esculated w/ ebay. wanting this over already.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011