Is it possible to save your marriage if your husband doesn't really care?

I think he's depressed. But he is so lazy and he drinks a lot. Not abusive but really mean. I know I'm not perfect but nothing I do is ever right. My son doesn't really like him bc he's with me all day and his dad doesn't really do anything for him. He's 3. I love my husband so much and I know somewhere in there is the man that loves me too. He refuses counseling. He thinks that even though I work bc I make less money I should do all the hosuework and childcare too. Should I just leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I say yes...You've done all you kind and you cant live your life being miserable for someone else
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes... sounds like my ex.... except he was physically abusive. But he is mentally abusing you, and emotionally... it's only a matter of time. And you do you want your son to treat woman like that in the future? I would hope not. It's gonna hurt like hell but you need to get away from this man. He is hurting your whole family.... I wish you the best of luck
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If he doesn't then no. I know this is said all the time but it really does take two.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It would be a deal breaker for me if he refuses counseling. I do know some men who have changed totally when the wife really left. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If he is truely unwilling to help himself then yes run, it is likely to only get worse. Your leaving maybe what it takes for him to get the help he need. Tough Love.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i think if you not happy and he refused to change then yes leave maybe he them change as he dose want to be with you but i would not get your hopes up

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• For me, I couldn't leave until I knew he wasn't going to change and I knew I did ABSOLUTELY everything I could possibly have done.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sound to me like leaving is a good option

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think you should take a nice vacation & let him be alone for a while. When he wants you to come back, tell him to stop taking you for granted & to help with the house work. Tell him that's he'll have to compromise.

The fact that you make less than him means nothing, in fact that would piss me off to no end. You both work...yet you're still stuck with all the house & parenting duties? OHHH NOOOOO! That man would be living by himself. I could not be with a chauvinistic man like that for more than 20 seconds....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011