Child support? Whats really going on?

Why are so many women more worried about the money than the relationship the child has with their father. Not to mention its child support, not the mothers money to spend on herself or even better her new man. I believe people have lost their focus on what is really important. A child having access to both of his parents, forming a bond with both. People are too wrapped up in their own hurt feelings to realize the child really doesnt care about the money if it interferes with the relationship they have with their father. Back off a little ladies and you might get more than you think.

NTAMS

Asked by NTAMS at 8:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• sorry, I disagree with you... why should a woman let a man skate on the financial responsibility he helped create?!?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• What you fail to realize is that if you do back off of him he will feel more inclined to help out his child.
    NTAMS

Comment by NTAMS (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• hmm im with peanutsmommy1 however the child does need to come first
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• not always true some fathers are POS's
    kylansmommy09

• I know too many women that want that money but dont want the father to have anything to do with the child. How is that right?
    NTAMS

Comment by NTAMS (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• you can't MAKE a father feel more inclined to help. Either you are a good dad or you are not.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It should be a 50/50 thing with the parents. Suport goes both ways parents being their and the financial part too.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes I agree and if you are unfourtunate enough to have a dad that is hurting his child by all means take him to the cleaners then keep your kid far away. Other than that work something out.
    NTAMS

Comment by NTAMS (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am with you NTAMS. The child support should be for the child only. For instance...split the price on housing (the difference between an one and two bedroom), clothing, meals, and activities. That is all the child support should entail.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't give a damn what u say he's going to pay.My kids see there daddy if he don't come I know where he stays.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011