after reading the ? about tubals i wonder how many ppl regret having theirs done?

i know i do. i had mine done cause i was high risk with all three. =( but i love kids and would love to have more

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 7:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have two boys ages 16 & 18. I had my tubes tied right after the birth of my last son and I don't regret it. I'm glad to be moving into my stage of life where my DH and I can have some time together, I can sleep late in late on the weekends, just able to relax more now since we don't have to worry about little ones running around.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you think age also makes a difference why some ppl regret it? i had mine done at 26
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you were very young having your tubes tied why did you do this????? How high was or is the risk if it is going to be harmful for you or baby yes then it should be done but thank God you have the 3 that you have you can always adopt if you want more children
    muda1954

Answer by muda1954 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No regrets here! I was just waiting to meet the criteria. I had mine done at 29 with 2 kids. It's been 1 1/2 years and I still love it. I also needed a doc that didn't want to consult my husband. Sheesh! He was fully in agreement with me to get it done, but that is not the point.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had mine done at 26 day after giving birth to my last child my son. I always said 2 kids is plenty and i don't regret it cause too many kids , i think my hair would be completly pulled out! lol
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 8:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Why would the dr need to consult your husband? It's not his choice...?
    I don't think I will ever get my tubes tied, but I also don't want a whole bunch of kids. I want 2 or 3, but if I ever want more down the road, I'd like that option to still be open, you know? I know too many people who have gotten their tubes tied, and 5 yrs later are wanting another baby.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i was very high risk ..pre-term labor and health problems while pg that i wouldnt normal have, but i think most of the problems i had, had to do with an abusive spouse
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No regrets! I had mine done at 28 after two kids. My husband and I both agreed and are still happy with the decision five years later.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Answered at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 by: srhmldndo

srhml...

Why would the dr need to consult your husband? It's not his choice...?

I know . . . right! She said because I'd be cutting off HIS future children too. I understand her point, and was mostly offended that she presumed that I didn't discuss it with him. So, I got a new doctor.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008