What do i do. Keep my mouth shut or say something.

My husbands friends have a little boy who is 4months older than my son. they both are 3 years, and my husbands friends son is going to be a big Brother in 4 weeks.
But they really drive me nuts when it comes to how they parent their son. Their son is a picky eater, refuses to eat anything they give him, so when they make supper, they make a different one for him. When they go to MCDONALD and get him a chicken nugget happy meal, he won' touch the chicken but will eat the fries, (they allow it to) then they give him the toy. He doesn't listen either of them. They say the only time they can get him to behave is with the TV, they hate taking him out in public.
And when we go over to their house for dinner, my son looks like why does he get the hot dog and why do i have to eat what u are having. OR when he gets away with running away, but my son has to then sit in the stroller if he runs off. They think i am to hard on my son, but i just think they are to easy on their son. The dad is starting to lay down the law with him, but his mom has to let him get away with it.
Do u think i could be to strick with my son, or tell them to step up a little and discipline their son. Or do i not say anything.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 8:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• stay out of other people's parenting unless their child is in immediate danger
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Unless they ask for your advice, it's probably best to bite your tongue. The overwhelming majority of people will not respond well to unsolicited parenting advice.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• How they raise their son is none of your business. Just as you wouldn't want someone to tell you how to raise your children, you shouldn't tell them how to take care of theirs.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This is they way some parents are. They think that if they set limits or discipline a child they will smother their child's growth.  They most likely will not change their parenting skills just because you say something to them.  I agree with you that they are wrong, but hey, that just my 2 cents. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• From the sounds of it, you are doing what you should for your son, but other people don't always parent like WE think they should. I agree that nothing should be said unless the child is in danger. From the sounds of it, the only DANGER he is in is of becoming a spoiled rotten brat, in which case they will end up paying for their parenting styles later.... like when YOUR son is going good in school and THEIRS is the bully that never does anything because he is used to everything being handed to him... Keep up the good parenting and don't let others bring you down!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Say nothing. The way they raise they raise their kid is none of your business. I personally could not be around people like that. I would end up unfriending them for the way they raise their kid.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It is most definitely NOT your place to tell someone else how to raise their children. Keep your mouth shut. If it bothers you that much, don't hang around them.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• People parent in different ways, it doesnt sound like you are being too strict with your son, but it really isnt your business to say anything or judge how someone else raises their child, The child is not in danger and is being taken care of. You shouldnt say anything.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You shouldn't say anything. While I disagree with how it sounds like they're parenting too, it's their business, not yours or mine.They'll end up dealing with the way they choose to parent.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I Would Say Something .. Only Because That's The Type Of Person I Am . I Won't Say Anything Rude Just Different .
    Maria232011

Answer by Maria232011 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011