At what age do your have your kids start chores?

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• We actually just started a "behavior" chart this week. My son turned 5 on St. Patricks Day. It is working out great. He is really trying and being quite successful. He is sooo proud of himself. We are proud of him too. We thought he would be stuck in "spoiled" mode forever.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have my kids do things as soon as they are able. My 23 month old picks up his toys and puts them away. He puts his clothing in his hamper in his room, he also puts his shoes on the shelf. He loves helping!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• my son is three and his 'chore' is picking up his own toys and helping feeding the cat.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• At about 18 months they started picking up their own messes... As they matured so did their responsibilities.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My daughter is 4 and she cleans her room all by herself...the only thing I do in there is vacuum...she also helps me clean the living room and she WANTS to help vacuum but it's too heavy for her....my little helper lol....might have to get a lighter vacuum so she can try to do that too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• about 2 yrs old my dd started helping with picking up toys, putting her clothes in the dryer, helping me fold clothes, anything I am doing she usually tries to help with.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Since between 18 to 20 months my kids had to clean up their own messes, my son is almost for and my daughters are 2, they do a little more now. The girls help me load the dishwasher by handing me dishes, after meals they all have to put their plates in the sink. They all make their beds, the best they can, my son always hold the dustpan for me when I am sweeping and helps take the garbage out. They like helping, and it is always helping, aside from cleaning their room I dont expect them to do it by themselves but I am trying to teach them young!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Oh and they all love to help put their own clothes away. i fold everything but I go in their rooms with them, show them what drawer and they put their stuff away
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011