He has found IT... adult content

So my son has recently noticed his "peenie" as we call it. He is obsessed and I have no idea what is normal for a boy of his age to be doing he's 3... He is almost constantly touching it. Not even playing or anything, just touching. Any ideas or suggestions as to how I handle this?? Do I just let him do whatever as long as he doesn't expose himself, or do I tell him to stop? I just dont want to make a big deal out of it, or he will do it more...that's what he did with picking his nose. I let tried to make him stop and he just did it more. ANY help here would be GREAT. P.S. there isn't a father in the picture to help me here...

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell him to do it in his room with the door closed only,not in front of others. Don't yell at him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It is 10000% normal, I just tell my son that it is only something he can do in private (aka, not in the middle of Walmart)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• my son is 3 and knows he has a "pp". he pulls at it so hard i think sometimes he's going to pull it out of his body. lol. he mostly does it in the bath tub. they're just getting to know their body parts and i think it's fine as long as he doesn't do it in public. if it happens in public just explain we don't do those things when other people are around....
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• its normal just tell him it his private and not for others to see
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Just ignore it, it will pass. It's normal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• The only thing that worked with my oldest was to tell him he had to do it alone in his room (he was the age of your son) and he got so sick of walking across the house to do it, he stopped. LOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Just tell him to do it in private. Once boys find it, they never stop touching it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Let him do whatever with it, but cut it off LOL. Just tell him he can only handle in in private, his room/bathroom..not in public
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• we tell our 3yr old that he is not allowed to mess with his "PP" around other people, or anywhere that others can see it!
    it is really no big deal, and it is completely 100% normal, so really dont worry about it as long as he doesnt do it in public or in front of others.
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 7:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sorry, but your post made me laugh... first thing I thought was he only just NOW discovered it? I think most little boys find it much sooner.
    My son is 2... for him we don't say much we let him explore at home if he wants making sure he washes his hands then after... it's normal for them to try to figure things out.
    He's never tried outside of the home but if he did then we would just tell him that it's something he can only do at home.
    After awhile though it become less interesting... they still "play" but not as often as the first time they find it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011