What is the longest time you have grounded your kid???

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• never had to yet. he is only 6. i've sent him to his room for an hour or for the night
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Didn't do the grounging thing.

Answer by louise2 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I ground them from certain objects or activities for a week. They are 6 and 8. I may say no park for a week or no playing the Wii for a week.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I never had. I've taken away the x box controllers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 6 weeks. Had his game system and tv taken away because he flunked 4 classes. He also had to go to tutoring 2 nights a week and read every night for 30 minutes, including weekends. I also went to his school without telling him and checked on him while he was in class to make sure he was doing his work. Stubborn 14 yr old learned the hard way...don't mess with mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've had him grounded for the last 7 1/2 yrs for being such a huge baby! LOL...just kidding. Hubby grounded our oldest (the others are too young) from spending the night at anyone's home for 2 wks for how rudely he acted when it was time to go home.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 1 month (2 separate times) with my 10yo. The first time was because she refused to go to bed when told or do anything she was told really. Each day she refused to do what she was told my husband added another week which included the entire 2 weeks of Christmas break. The 2nd time was the entire month of March because she mouthed off to me (that got her 1 week), then she took off outside and refused to come in (that was the 2nd week) and then she ran away to the park for 2 hours. I warned her if she took another step she would be grounded the entire month and she took off. Amazingly she's been pretty damn well behaved since then. I think she's only gotten grounded 1 day this month and that was along with my son because they were screwing around and ticked me off (they were warned before hand and kept doing it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011