I need health advice. Im sick, has anyone used Cipro 800mg (antibiotic) ?

Ive been sick for a while... I woke up to my kidneys in severe pain. My entire body aches. I have been on Doxycycline for a week, and I had to have an Antibiotics shot. My doctor said today that she got my urine cultured and even though there was no bacteria growth, there are way too many white blood cells for as many antibiotics as Im on.

Im worried... I feel awful.. she is putting me on 800's Cipro. I feel like this is serious and they are just down playing it.

Has anyone used Cipro? Any idea what this could be?
:( thanks moms

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 8:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Many years ago my dad was given Cipro. He was told it was a very strong antibiotic. You should talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• your doctor or a second opinion are the best bet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 800mg of Cipro is a standard dose. That said, asking medical questions in a public forum could lead to more confusion. Call your doctor in the morning and ask them.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• IF you have questions about the medication you can also ask your pharmacist!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was on cipro for a bladder infection. My urine same came back with a lot of white blood cells in it, so they gave me cipro. I can't remember the dosage tho. It was only for like 3 days, but I had to take it twice a day.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011