Info about child support payments in NV.

Ok so I got a letter stating I'm supposed to get my first child support payment april 15th which is tomorrow. Here in NV they said they send u a card in the mail and the payment is taken out of his check and put onto the card. Its an out of state case he lives in Missouri and well I am in NV. I called my caseworker and have not heard anything back from them yet so I was just wondering if any of u ladies knew anything. How long does it usually take to get the first pymt? Does he have the option of sending a money order, check, etc. first and then if he dont pay they take it out of his check? I am lost and my caseworker takes forever to call back.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not in NV but I believe in EVERY state any money that is NOT sent thru the courts or child support enforcement agency is a GIFT - even if every check he notates CHILD SUPPORT - AND you give him a receipt stating I rcvd xx for the month of april as child support paid in full. I warned my dh it wasn't legal and yep she got him on back support (thank God only 2 months he "paid" that way
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011