What does being a mommy mean to you?

I just found something that I wrote to one of my friends after DD was born in 2009 when she asked me what I thought about being a mommy.

"I am more tired than I have ever been in my life. I have slept for 10 hours in the last three days. Joanna screamed for 5 hours straight at 4am this morning. I am bleeding so bad under any normal circumstances I would probably be in the hospital. My breasts are so huge I can't even see my toes. I spent 40 hours in the worst pain of my life and I have ten stitches in my vagaina. But I have never been happier in my life"

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Saying the same thing over and over again and nobody hearing me while I work my ass of for someone who could care less.
    Anonymous

• its a lot of responsibility, some wrong turns, lost socks, lots of work 24/7..but the 'returns' of hugs and kisses from a little boy who thinks i'm SuperMom are well worth it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• by dullscissors : its a lot of responsibility, some wrong turns, lost socks, lots of work 24/7..but the 'returns' of hugs and kisses from a little boy who thinks i'm SuperMom are well worth it!

Haha that makes me laugh because I just sorted through DD's sock bin! She is 15 mos and has learned to hide things. So I have a TON of single socks that I am searching for!
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• it means no more me time, picking up other peoples things, running to the store at midnight when he forgot he needed something for school the next morning, watching wrestling on Monday nite, the smell of sweat after he has come in from playing ball..It means feeling like you will melt inside when he says "I love you to the moon", It means feeling like you have the sun beaming on you as you walk because you just burnt dinner but he says "I'll make peanut butter sandwiches for us"...I dont think there are words to describe how it feels, I just know I wouldnt want to be anything other than "his Mommy"
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Lots of cleaning, stressful days, lots of repeating.....but Lots of hugs, Lots of "Mommy I love you", "Mommy your the best." and lots of Thanking God for the beautiful family he's given to me.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think being a mommy means a ton of unappreciated work. However the best par of the day is when I pick my son up from daycare and he has been good at school and daycare all day and then comes crashing into my arms, because he is so excited to see me. There are lots of days that aren't as good, but the great days make it all worth while! Today was a great day! I love my son regardless of the day he has had, but days like today make it all worth while. I wouldn't trade my life for anything..
    twd1106

Answer by twd1106 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011