What is the best way to get rid of ants?

The ants are starting to come out in the basement and they are driving me crazy! What is the best way to get rid of them...please take in consideration that I have four young children who play in the basement all the time.

TwinsTwice2011

Asked by TwinsTwice2011 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i have heard that straight ground cinnamon bordering where they are coming in. they dont like the stuff and wont cross it, it worked for me!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My husband always spray around the outside of the house. My neighbor swears those electronic devices work wonders.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I actually sprayed, but it didn't kill them. The only thing that worked was those little, round, clear ant house things that have the bait inside. (Sorry, I can't remember what they are called)... but I got them at the hardware store.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I use cinnamon along the baseboards.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was just about to ask this question! I just swipped an ant off my desk XD
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Cinnamon works wonders. We are in rental house and when the rains started we were infested with ants. I HATE ants and posted on FB and was told to try cinnamon. It works GREAT. Put cinnamon all along the walls in every room and around the cabinets. It's not cheap though....Raid costs less and it works great as well.
    Anonymous

• I need these tips to! we have a big ant problem right now and nothing is working
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i've heard cinnamon too... never tried it though.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've heard of cinnamon but never tried it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• cinnamon
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2011