bright blood???

I had my son 3 weeks ago and i bleed and it turned brown and then i stopped and then i started clotting alot. Now i am still clotting and bleeding bright red i had a c-seation is this normal.

shaynaj

Asked by shaynaj at 7:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO! How much are you bleeding??
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Are the clots bigger than a quarter and are you saturating more than one pad per hour?
    Southerncharmes

• i fill a pad in like 2 hrs.
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 7:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Call your OB tonight. Do not wait. This is not normal. Is your bleeding heavier than what it has been since you started bleeding again and have you lifted anything heavy or been on your feet a long time today?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• sometimes the clots are big and other times they small
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 7:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I lift my toddlers but not often this has been like this for a couple of days but today it turned bright red. No i was not really on my feet alot today i try to stay off them
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Since you had a C Section you are at high risk for your uterus to now contract normally and for clots to form...that is why your uterus may not contract back down which can cause hemorrhaging. This can happen up to 6 weeks postpartum. If you look on one of your sheets you took home on discharge it should warn you of bright red bleeding.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I meant to NOT contract normally.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• there was nothing on my sheets about bright bleeding
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They should have had on your discharge sheet a page about "When to call the doctor" and bright red bleeding is one of them. Trust me, this is not normally. If you need to "google" your question and read more on it please do. I would not take any chances on this one. I worked on the postpartum floor and we ALWAYS told our patients to call if their bleeding turned back to bright red during the first 6 weeks.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008