First Love?

Who was your first love? What Happened? Do you ever think of them?

My first love was when I was 12. I met him in 8th grade. We started dating and it was amazing. I could have spent every waking second in his arms. I still remember our first kiss, and honestly it is still the best kiss I have ever had. It was one of those cheesy moments where it felt like time stopped and I just lost myself. But at the end of our freshman year I had to move, so I got stupid and broke up with him a few months before I moved. Because I thought it would be easier. *god kids do such stupid things! lol* I moved 6 hours away and we still talked some. Our junior year of high school we started talking online alot again and admitted to eacother that we were still in love. I went to visit "my sister" who lived in the same town and stayed at his house while his paretns were out of town. It was the most wonderful weekend I have ever had. I lost my virginity to him that weekend. After I left that weekend we both got busy with school and life and his dad got transferred to a job across the country. I have not seen him in 9 years. When I was in college we talked for awhile. Now I haven't talked to him in over a year. We have teh kind of relationship that we can not talk for a year and then pick up like we have been talking every day. But he disagreed with my decision to get married and I haven't heard from him at all since I told him I was pregnant. We got into a big argument because he didn't think my bf *now husband* was good enough for me. As it turns out, he was probably right, we are having a lot of problems now. I still think about him alot and I always wonder "what if". I had a dream the other night that he just showed up at my house and swept me off my feet, it was such a wonderful dream. When I woke up and realized it wasnt a dream I actaully cried. I just wish I could talk to him again. He was my best friend and I miss him so much it hurts.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I married my first(and only) love. He was my first date,kiss...everything. :)
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• honestly....my first love was my husband. So of course I think about him lol. I was 17 when I met him. We dated only a couple weeks when he said I love you to me for the first time. We got engaged 3 months after dating and got married 3 years later lol. We have been together now for 11 years on April 17th. Then October will be 6 years we have been married
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Did you ever love your husband? Sounds like you're still in love with this other dude.
    Anonymous

• My first love came along at 11 yrs of age. We were each other's 1st crush & each other's 1st kiss. We went through grade school, Jr high & high school together. But, academics & life took us different directions. We lost each other. We each went through our abusive marriages. Each of us wondering what ever happened to the other. Then, 27 yrs after we graduated, we stumbled across each other. ALL the chemistry & feelings were still there. We have been together for almost 5 years now. We are finally experiencing the "happy" we have always wanted in lives. Together, we are living our Happily Ever After. <3
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

Yes. I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't love my husband, because I do. We had 5 wonderful years together. The last year... not so much. Are my feelings really fair to him? no. Not at all. But I know he is going through the same thing. The only difference is that I've kept it all in my head and he has expressed it to her. And I'm not 100% convienced he hasn't acted on it.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My first love was a guy named Kevin. He was my everything for a long time and my first at quite a few things. Then he just out of the blue dumped me and wouldn't talk to me again, so I didn't find out why or anything. I was devastated. I would think about him occasionally through the years, but nothing like longing for a lost love or wondering what would have happened if we would have stayed together, just wonder what ever happened to him. Years later (about 6 year ago) he contacted me through Classmates.com and we e-mailed a few times...he finally told me that he dumped me because he wanted someone who could sing and play an instrument so they could participate in his church band. I don't know.....after that I just had no desire to talk to him again. So I started ignoring his e-mails and he finally left me alone.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've been married to my first love for more than 46 years. We met when I was 14 and he was 17. My parents knew his parents. We got married when I was 18 and he was 21. I graduated high school at 16 and was in my sophomore year of college when we got married. We both went on to finish our degrees and had our first child when we'd been married for 5 years. Yep. He was my first kiss too!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My first love and I have been married for nearly 26 years. We met, dated, became engaged, and married all within 5 months (had our only after being married for 6 years). I had dated, I had lovers, however I had never loved or been in love before my husband. We met in college, we are now both spitting distance from 50. We began life together in many ways: finishing school, starting careers.. that sort of thing. Now we are entering our next stage of life together, we are now empty nesters, and enjoying it to the hilt ( so far..lol)..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011