Do you send your food back if it is not right?

6 adults went out tonight. 5 of us ordered chicken wraps (some reg others the buffalo) any way.....my odd ball dh ordered a burger. 4 wraps came out - i pointed out we were missing one...whomever (not our server) said be right back. I was starving so I grabbed a fry from my friends plate......COLD.....she took a bite and "ummmm is this wrap supposed to be cold?" so the 0ther 3 test theirs COLD. Our server walks by I tell her ALL are cold AND I'm still not served mine! 13 mins later here come 5 wraps.....COLD....the mgr assured me they were "fresh from the frier" Anyway....my dh never wants to go out to eat with ME again because I "always complain" (a few weeks ago it was applebees and cold food) He says we are going to get spit in our food. IDC if I pay good money I want HOT food. Do you send your food back or just deal with it?

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 9:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• if its that bad I complain. Also, I don't eat meat and regardless of how clear I make this to the server when I go out, I end up with meat almost 1/3 of the time. It is lame.
    I have been a server for 10 years and understand the difficulties that come with the job. I don't get personally offended when someone sends their food back.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would do the same as you in those circumstances , my dh would back me up and if the complaint was not quickly resolved to our satisfaction, we would not go to that restaurant again.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• sometymes I do depends how bad they messed up my food now if its a burgar and I stay no onions and dey put onions then no i dont bring my food back somethigs you can do and advoid da hassle:
    mystery8307

Answer by mystery8307 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It depends on quite a bit. Mostly....what's my mood? If I'm in a really good mood, more than likely I'll take what they give me and not care. If I'm in an okay mood, it just depends on how bad it is...like if my medium-well steak is bleeding or black, it will more than likely go back. If I'm in a bad mood...watch out!

I guess I'm moody! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I WAS in a fine mood. But 9 wraps COLD. NO! I wasn't blaming the server.....I've been one and know they don't control the food aspect....we left her a very nice tip. It was the manager that really got me - he brought the "fresh" ones out. I say they are COLD he asked do you want to order something different? IF I DID DUMB*** I WOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE! sorry getting upset again :)
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• lol - you should have heard my rant about applebees - corporate even got a phone call 3 days later i was soooooo upset
    brypmom

• dh hates it that I complain too. I don't like onions and I always specify no onions and if it comes with onions you bet your ass I am sending that back!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would never complain and have them bring me new food...they are not very nice back in the kitchen ..I have worked in a few of them. What I have done instead was ask for the manager and complain and ask for a refund or discount. I would never accept a free meal on a future visit, because if I'm not happy now why would I be the next time?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If my meal is not enjoyable, I have no problem telling my server (politely, and humorously) and having it corrected. It's all in the delivery :)
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 10:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've only had problems twice in my life - once it was cold, undercooked broasted chicken, the other time it was a steak that was not done enough (I ordered medium-well, it came out mooing). Both times it was fixed, but the chicken was awful and the half the steak ended up in our dog's dish later on. If I have a problem I'm going to complain - just glad I haven't had any more problems that I have!
    Anonymous