any tips for potty training.my daughter is about 3 and 1/2 she goes thru underwear too much so she is in diapers and may potty 1-2 times a day which is progress than a few days ago,etc.any tips b4 i lose my hair? lol

i have tried giving stickers,and candy as reward.i am getting super stressed

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Im super stressed too. Tip #1 dont switch back and forth between diapers, pull ups or underwear. It will just confuse her and make potty training longer. Tip #2 be 100% consistent

and #3 Im loosing my hair too! So stressed/frustrated!
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 12:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Summer is a very bad time to potty train.. they have too much other things on their minds.. Can you try pull ups for awhile? I would begin again the fall..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My daughter totally stressed me out, too. We tried just about everything. Treats, taking away privillages, throwing away pretty panties that she soiled. We even made her clean up her own messes; which she did without any real complaining, much to our surprise. Finally, I threw up my arms. I told her that the pre-school that we had signed her up for would not accept kids who couldn't go in the potty, which was true. I explained that unless she started using the potty, she'd miss out on school. About 2 weeks before pre-school started, she started going in the potty. Since then she has had very few accidents and has never had bed-wetting issues. I came to the conclusion that kids will use the potty when they are ready. We now have twin boys who turned 2 in March. I haven't even bought potty seats.
    Alyssia3777

Answer by Alyssia3777 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• All my children were different. My first wanted a special second My birthday party, so we used that idea and it worked! My second daughter was my challange, she was determined to live in her pullups, so i asked her why she kept pottying in her pullups and she responded, "Because I can!" SO, off came the pull-ups with the thick underware with the plastic pull-ons...a few times of all the messy stuff and SHE decided she was ready for "princess" panties! Third daughter went to daycare and wanted to wear cute panties instead of pullups, so she was the easiest! Our son told me he would potty in the potty if I would buy him some gum...OFF to walmart we drove and he picked out his big bag of gum and he was trained in two days!! Gotta see what they have an "eye" for.
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would have to say Summer is the best time because they have less clothes... Well I have 3 children and my youngest is 4 1/2
    what would work with her was we went to the Dollor store and load up this container with toys, color books puzzles and the cheep movies ever time she went she got a suprise.. Plus we got this dvd "Once upon a potty" something about that movie click. we would watch it over and over and over . Kristen was completly fulling trained day and night at 3 . I so agree you can't go back to diapers once you start . I learned with my first one BIG mistake .
    I also kept the potty chair in the living room where we were the most until she got the hang of it .
    Right now I am keep a friends little girl for the weekend and she puts a diaper on her at nap and bed time .. Not here she woke up from her nap dry Her mom gives her a sippy cup when she goes to bed She also has a 6 1/2 yr brother who wears a diaper to bed becasue they get a cup to go to bed.
    LilDramagirl

Answer by LilDramagirl at 5:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• hey message me your email address someone sent me an e-book on potty training in three days, I read it, it sounds like it could really do the job!!
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 11:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You know it can be frustrating for the parents, but take it from someone who's son wasn't (poop) potty trained during the day until over 4. He would poop in his pullup after he was in bed (almost asleep). This was the ONLY time he would relax. He had an occasional potty time, but he would cry and it would be a nightmare. He was constipated. If they aren't getting LOTS and I mean LOTS of fiber, and they get constipated ONE TIME it can ruin it for weeks. So make sure fiber is in the diet.

In our message group we got news of this lady who helps you potty train in a matter of days. It's worth a try. Here is her link.

http://www.pottywhisperer.com/
    Carebear38

Answer by Carebear38 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• OH that wasn't the link I wanted, here is the Today show spot she had on a while ago. Very interesting, hope it helps.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25057503/
    Carebear38

Answer by Carebear38 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2008