I am addicted to Diet Pepsi, I've heard it is bad for you. What do you think?

JHanc968

Asked by JHanc968 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The artificial sweeteners are bad, the caffeine isn't the best either.
    Anonymous

• I've heard the same. Think it has something to do with artificial sweeteners. Sad thing for me is that when I'm not drinking Diet Pepsi, I'm drinking tea sweetened with Sweet n Low! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think there are worse things to be addicted to....of course I'm also addicted to Pepsi so of course I would say that lol {wink}
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes, but not just the sweeteners . The phosphoric acid in sodas is bad for teeth and in the longer run bones .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• it makes you hungrier than when you have regular soda.
    aylarosexo

Answer by aylarosexo at 10:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• . One aspartame component, phenylalanine (50%of the molecule) has been shown in the laboratory to block production of a necessary neurotransmitter, serotonin, which controls sleep patterns and moods. Many daily users of products containing the sweetener such as diet drinks, gums, etc. report both manic and suicidal depressions among other their symptoms. Aspartame also breaks down in heat and in the body to the addictive depressant, methanol (10% wood alcohol), formaldehyde [embalming fluid], formic acid and diketopiperazine (a documented brain tumor agent].

do you think it might be bad?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I used to be the same....... I now am a teetotaller. I feel much better since cutting back on the soda. I too have heard there are some things which are not good for you in diet sodas.     Flavored waters, water, tea and juice are much better options.    

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yeah i heard its bad but Im addicted to Diet Pepsi too lol!
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• There are a lot of ingredients in diet soda that is bad for you...caffeine, artifical sweetners, all kinds of nasty chemicals. Soda of any kind really isn't good for you but diet soda is worse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Google this and you will get thousands of pages both medical sites and blogs and all kind of them with some mighty scary stuff on them about fake sugar causing MS to Lupus and a few other things NO ONE wants to get.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011