Kinda long

my ds was picked as star of the week this week and im so proud of him!! the teacher sent a note home saying that if his family and friends write a note and send it in with him on y hes so special and y we love him so much that shes making a scrapbook for him to keep with all the letters from his family and classmates.. well im so aggrivated i told everyone about it and everyone wrote him something to suprise him (even his 18m old brother scribbled him something) except his father.. when i text him to ask where it was his reply was "he lives with u its easier for u to do stuff with him just tell him im sorry". he only lives 20-25 min away he said the best he could do is email me something quick and i could write it for him.. well ds is 8 and he would know the difference in handwriting hes seen both of our writings a million times.. and i just dont feel like i should always have to do his part of everything hes knew all week... would u write the letter and hope ur son wouldnt know his daddy didnt write it or just let it go as the way his dad is.. and let him be happy with all the true letters he got??

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would tell the father to email me something and print that email out. At least then your son would know his father really did write it. In this techonological age I don't see too much of a big deal about it. It is ridiculous that the father couldn't have done it earlier this week and mailed it to you, but you take what you can get sometimes for the sake of the children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well then I would just not send anything in and explain to your son that his father was told about it and choose not to send anything. If he wants to know why then call dad and have him explain it. Truthfully he may not even notice right away if there are so many others.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would print out the email from his dad and save it until the others come home from school, then stick it in there. Or send it in anyway and write a note to the teacher to please include this, it's all you have.

Answer by missanc at 10:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• it has to be handwritten.. that was one of the things to show him how much time we spent on it
    kimsmith22

Comment by kimsmith22 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011