Nothing in Common w/Family

I have nothing in common with my family. My one brother (1-1/2 years older), my mother, and my father are so much the same in how they act, feel, think, etc. that they might as well be the same person.

I, on the other hand, seem to be the exact opposite of them. I've never felt like I belonged...like I've always been the black sheep living in a family of white sheep. I know they think it's because I am just rebelling and basically being a b*tch, but that's not true, I'm just not like them.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one! Anyone else out there feel like this?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• YUP! I love my family dont get me wrong. but im the outsider. always have been. and the older i get the bigger the gap it seems.
    All my family are drinkers & enjoy going drinking together -- Im not a drinker at all. 1-3x a year is more than enough for me.
    My family are very loud/outgoing/ and maybe in your face -- im shy..
    They mainly can always think of something to be negative about, and rarely give positive -- i try to be nice & have kind words & be understanding of others.

It just goes on & on... and now me. dh. dd are getting into church & that really puts a gap..
    Im alot closer to my DH family than to my own. They are very loving, close, caring, accepting bunch. :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Deviation from the norm does not mean you're abnormal! Geniuses think differently and leaders live different lives. The world would be boring if everyone were the same. Consider yourself brave to live life according to you. Not many ppl go after their dreams and in the end all that matters is if YOU have any regrets.

I am curious what your astrological sign is? I am guessing it's a Scorpio and would be surprised if I'm right.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Uhm...the phrase the black sheep of the family has been around since Bethuzaleh I think, so no, you're not the only one.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've heard of it, but don't know if I've ever felt like it. (My family's dysfunctional anyway). You have a nice picture there and you look like a nice enough gal.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011